Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Salmonella Contamination

It is obvious that fourteen year old baggers at grocery stores have never had salmonella!  If they had, they would be much more careful how they bag your raw chicken.
I had been running a high fever, so high that I had been hospitalized.  I was miserable, and then the aspirin would lower my fever and I would feel better - then my fever would rise again.
I  remember when the doctor came in and told me he had good news and bad news.  He said the good news was that they had figured out what I had - salmonella.  The bad news was that the cure was to not bring down my fever with aspirin - to let it burn itself out!
Be very careful with your raw chicken.  Clean your hands and counters with hot soapy water.  Many commercial places use bleach on their counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment