Sunday, August 19, 2012

Google Saves Nike

My Nike Air shoes started to squeak badly as I walked down the halls of my work.  It was terribly embarrassing when people started to make comments like, "Here comes the boss!" 

Now, how can I monitor my employees when they hear me coming? 
I did what I always do when I want to know something. 
 I Googled it!   
I entered "how to get rid of squeaky shoes" and received almost 38,000 answers in .21 seconds. 
Knowledge is what makes us powerful and Google is amazing.  I must Google different things 20-30 times a day.  
I'm very curious you see! 
I council many students every year on how to find and get jobs and Google is a very big part of that process.  Knowing what companies are out there is the first step and I teach my students use Google as a tool. 
In my book "Conquer the Losing Attitude of Job Hunters" I go into great detail how to use this information to find and meet the decision makers in your field.  Meeting these people before the job comes open is a much better way to find a job than waiting for an advertisement to appear in the newspaper.
Once you get an interview, Google is a valuable tool to use in researching the company you will interview at.
Don't go into an interview without knowing everything you can possible know about that company.  It always impresses the interviewer when you ask pertinent questions about their company.
Let the power of Google help you find a job!

BTW, you can stop your shoes from squeaking by applying hand lotion to the soles!

No comments:

Post a Comment