Wednesday, January 11, 2012

5-day Zero Calorie Jumpstart Diet: Day 3

I should know more about the motivation of dieting than anyone - right? Didn't I write the book!

It didn't stop me from slowly gaining back half the weight I wrote about in my book: The Losing Attitude for Dieters. Gaining weight is really insidious; A few ounces a week doesn't really show until the next thing you know, you have gained twenty pounds!
I had to break the cycle, do something drastic. The only problem is that I have been posting on many different weight-loss blogs that the only way to lose weight is slowly; 1-1.5 pounds per week. Well, when did I ever listen to myself anyway?

I remember watching Michael Phelps in the Olympics and saw that he trained for six hours a day and ate 15,000 calories per day. I really wanted to be Michael Phelps; at least the eating part.

But what if I could burn off every calorie I ate in a week. How much weight could I really lose?


Day 3:

OK, I had a ten hour workday to look forward. It ended with an Open House where a lot of food was available. I did OK and managed to eat only raw veggies dipped in ranch for dinner!

Another day in a row. I started the day off with a cup of a honey nut cereal (110 calories) and 40 minutes doing some strength training and stretching (-200 calories).

For lunch I had blue cheese bacon wedge (140 calories)

1/4 head lettuce
1 T blue cheese crumbles
1 T dressing
1 piece bacon

Veggies for dinner dipped in Ranch Dressing (100 calories).

You can see that on my second day, I ate 350 calories and burned off 200 calories for a net gain of 150 calories - net weekly loss at -516 calories. Another great day for my zero calorie diet and I planned well.


Professor Tom Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment