Saturday, April 30, 2011

Does Vitamin D really help?

Recent news articles link low vitamin D levels with obesity in children and just about any ailment the body has every contracted.  It makes sense that kids aren't getting outside enough and their vitamin D levels are lower.
Vitamin D is now being prescribed to help breast cancer, skin ailments, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, and autoimmune diseases.  Does it really work?
My doctor prescribed that I start taking Vitamin D for high  cholesterol, so I started taking 2000 units of D3 every day.  The book is still out on my cholesterol, but the 8-9 migraines that I used to get every month like clockwork were suddenly reduced to maybe 1-2.  Nice side effect!
I say, try it out in the recommended dosages prescribed by your doctor and see where it will take you!

No comments:

Post a Comment