Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why Does Everybody Hate Artificial Sweeteners?

If you read some blogs or diet books you might think that artificial sweeteners are the biggest threat to your health out there.  It's very popular to get on the ' artificial sweeteners are dangerous' bandwagon.
Think about it for a minute.  Soda companies have very deep pockets, and if artificial sweeteners were really that dangerous to your health, wouldn't every other add on TV be something like:
"This is Steve Smith, Esquire.  Have you or anyone you know lost a loved one because they drank too much diet soda?  I know I drank too much and I am dead.  One of my associates would be happy to make you rich if only you would call 555-1212."
Why don't we see these ads?  Maybe artificial sweeteners aren't really that bad for you.  Maybe that is why there are no studies out there with hard proof.
I will continue to be happy there are artificial sweeteners out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment